New Zealand is such a wonderland, with breathtaking scenery both mountain and beach. No wonder after the Hobbit movie, the tourists from all over the world have been coming, one of them are by RV Campervan.
Discovering the natural beauties with RV Campervan always makes everyone wonder. So, here are some beach camping spots in New Zealand you need to visit while campervanning:
1. Coromandel Peninsula
This is located in the Northeast giving you the magic scenery of forests and beaches. Some of the must visit sites are Thames (a small city with gold mining history), Hot Water Beach, Fletcher Campsite (in the Northern of Coromandel, which gives you a farm setting campsite).
This is a kind of geothermal experience you need to visit. This site has attracted numerous tourists since 1800â€™a. This site is mentioned as the 8th wonder of the world. From Auckland, you need to drive for 3 hours.
3. Aroha Island
This is a small island. You need to drive for 12 km from Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands. You will be amazed with the population of Brown Kiwi.
4. Awaroa, Tasman
People remember this as â€œPeopleâ€™s Beachâ€. Historically, people created the crowdsource funding to buy this beach for the country. Worth to visit as you will be treated with the golden sand, turquoise waters and green bush around.
5. The Catlins, Otago
This is located in most southern point of South Island, which is in the remote area between Invercargill and Dunedin. In this area, you would feel like coming back to the old times where the ATMs were limited. But what makes it worth to visit is its wonderful beaches. Furthermore, you can see the New Zealand yellow-eyed penguins, sea lions and dolphins.
Besides its natural scenery of the beaches and mountains, you also welcome the breathtaking roads. So, here are the best road trips you should do in New Zealand, which is Auckland to Christchurch. This road trip definitely will highlight your journey and take at least 9 days:
- Day 1. Here we go. You can start your journey in Auckland. You can rent the RV Campervan here (make sure you have done some research to find the best and suitable rental company).
- Day 2. Start exploring Auckland and the surrounding.
- Day 3. Drive south and you will find the rich farmland of Waikato.
- Day 4. Here is Rototua. Enjoy the adventurous parks around.
- Day 5. Continue driving toward Wellington.
- Day 6. Here, you will cross the Cook Strait by the Interislander Ferry.
- Day 7. Drive to the seaside town of Kaikoura.
- Day 8. Keep driving South until arriving the countryside of Christchurch.
Day 9. Enjoy the city of Christchurch.